The Director of Beverage Operations will be responsible for building, developing and motivating a team of shipboard Senior Beverage Managers to ensure a successful and guest-centric beverage operation across all fleet. Innovates and maintains an incentive plan for bar managers to encourage motivation and in turn increase revenue. Develops and oversees beverage front-line initiatives to grow the business and ensures optimal on-board beverage inventories to contribute to overall profitability. Works toward building profitability while also creating a culture that encourages the responsible service of alcohol onboard our ships
- Manage on-board inventories and partners ensuring correct offerings according to our guest profile that contribute to profitability while executing the overall brand strategy. Oversee global beverage procurement and logistics in partnership with the purchasing department. Negotiates with distributors in partnership with purchasing to ensure we are obtaining the specified product at the right price.
- Develops and executes monthly beverage front line initiatives to grow the business and ensure guest satisfaction. Collaborate with on-board marketing and entertainment department to plan events and promotions. Influence Hotel Directors, GOL’s, Food Service Management and Captain, and ensuring alignment to overall brand strategy Evaluate overall success of ongoing and past initiatives, extracting insight from internal trends/data, external market conditions, and adapting initiatives as needed.
- Build, develop and motivate a team of shipboard traveling Senior Beverage Operations Managers to execute overall beverage initiatives and day to day operations across the fleet. Identify talent that aligns with Carnival’s culture while influencing hiring decisions and training programs.
- Manages payroll, bonuses, schedules for the onboard beverage management team. Innovate and maintain an incentive plan for bar managers to encourage motivation, reduce turnover and in turn increase revenue, monitor expenditures and allocate costs within budget parameters. Partners with Crew Operations to oversee management of recruitment for bar managers.
- Partners with Carnival and ABG sourcing teams to oversee the annual distributor bids for all global and regional markets Carnival sails in.
- Manages the CCL brewing contract, distilling, and private label wine operations including inventory and production management, TTB and foreign government compliance, distribution and logistics, and new product creation.
- Oversees beverage information on the Carnival POS systems (CSS) and Carnival HUB APP including design, updates, future development, and system efficiencies, providing constant feedback and guidance to IT department to maximize profits and minimize inventory.
- Partners with retail and purchasing departments to ensure proper onboard execution of Bon Voyage and Outside Vendor deliveries, production and sales of beverage merchandise, and sales associate and retail manager scheduling.
- Manages rollout of new beverage projects, e.g., change of china, launch of new venue or new menu implementation, etc. acting as SME and providing insight into the beverage industry.
- Forecast and monitor beverage budgets. Adjust spend and programs as necessary to meet all financials (spend/revenue). Assist with preparation of annual operational budget, creating business cases to justify department needs as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Hospitality
- Sommelier, Cicerone, or equivalent
- At least 10 years in hospitality with at least 5 years in beverage management
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.