- Evidence that you are in the country legally for one year prior to application (copy of passport pages or refugee card).
- An immigration fee in the sum of BZ$ will be charged upon approval.
- Alien registration for yourself and members of your family over the age of sixteen if you remained in the country for at least six months.
- Recent police record for yourself and all members of your family over the age of sixteen. To obtain a Belize police record you must have been in the country for at least six months.
- Documentary evidence that you have acquired land in Belize or that you have access to land if you make such a claim.
- Certificate of Health including HIV, VDRL & TB tests for you and all members of your family.
- Three recent passport size photographs of yourself, wife and children if they are to be included. (Photographs must be in color).
- Wife’s/Husband’s birth certificate.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Sworn declaration of support (from husband or common-law husband).
- Recent local bank statement or otherwise where means of financial support is not indicated.
- Temporary employment permit if you are or wish to engage in gainful employment.
- Income tax statement
ALL TESTS MUST BE DONE IN BELIZE, PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH ORIGINALS.
A final decision will be made when all requirements have been met. Pending a decision on your application you are required to continue applying for monthly extensions on your documents at the nearest Immigration office. Click here for more details on Belize Immigration.
If you have a change of address while your application is being processed you are strongly advised to inform the Department immediately.
No incomplete application will be accepted.
Leaving the country for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days at any one time disqualifies the applicant.