The George Price Centre for Peace and Development,
a non-profit NGO, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the post of
CURATOR / COORDINATOR
The Curator/Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Centre and reports to the Executive Board. Primary responsibilities include curatorial responsibilities for the museum and exhibitions, the George Price Archival Collection, the development and management of educational programmes (Conflict Resolution Programme, P.E.A.C.E. Camp and others) as well as the organization of the Centre’s meeting facilities. Additional responsibilities include secretarial duties for the Centre’s Executive Board and Board of Trustees, administration, organization and promotion of the Centre and events, fundraising, basic accounting, personnel management and report writing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of working experience;
- Strong managerial, administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Experience in archival and records management;
- Experience in project management, from proposal writing to execution;
- Experience in Conflict Resolution Education will be an asset;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programmes (including Access Database) as well as WordPress (or similar web software) and Constant Contact (or similar marketing software);
- Basic accounting skills (knowledge of QuickBooks will be an asset);
- Resourceful, independent and practical.
Salary will be negotiated in line with qualifications and experience.
Please send in your letter of application, resume, one character and one professional reference to
The George Price Centre for Peace and Development, P.O. Box 750, Belmopan by Thursday, August 31, 2017.